FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kathryn Hecht, [email protected], 707.893.7150
AVFILM HOSTS 5th ANNUAL RED CARPET EVENING FUNDRAISING GALA AT SODA ROCK WINERY
Cloverdale, CA (February 6, 2019) – AVFilm is bringing Hollywood glamour to Sonoma County with the Fifth Annual Red Carpet Evening, a celebration of the 91st ACADEMY AWARDS® and fundraising gala benefitting AVFS’ cultural and educational programming. The event will be held Sunday, February 24th at SODA ROCK WINERY in the heart of wine country.
Beginning at 4:00 PM, guests will gather for an evening of film, fashion, food and fun, featuring a red carpet entrance, bubbly from Breathless Wines, highly anticipated silent and live auction lots, and the OSCARS® on the big screen. An elegant seated dinner prepared by Chef Ken Rochioli and KR Catering will be served during the telecast and complemented by wines from Soda Rock Winery.
“Red Carpet Evening is our signature fundraiser of the year,” said Kathryn Hecht, Executive Director of AVFilm. “We work with community partners to celebrate the transformative power of film on Hollywood’s biggest night and raise critical funds for our year-round educational and cultural programming. This year, our auction showcases the rich gifts and talents of our region in food, wine, hospitality, the arts, and the great outdoors.”
Auction highlights include:
- Star Chefs Celebrate Food & Film, a dinner hosted by the Trading Post – Culinary stars Liza Hinman of the Spinster Sisters, Dustin Valette of Valette and Kolin Vazzoler of Simi Winery, join Erik Johnson, chef/owner extraordinaire of the Trading Post, to produce an elegant, multi-course dinner, with each chef preparing a mouth-watering dish inspired by their favorite food movie or scene (think Babette’s Feast, Big Night and Julie & Julia). Wines provided by local luminaries Calluna Vineyards, Cobb Wines, Reeve Wines, and Simi Winery will complement the menu. Red Carpet Evening attendees will have premier access to dinner tickets.
- ONE OF A KIND: Customized 90-day training program with renowned running coach Michael Fanelli, and gear from Healdsburg Running Company – Running world legend and local phenom Michael Fanelli is teaming up with Healdsburg Running Company (HRC) to get you ready for your next race. After a custom shoe fitting at HRC, Michael will design a 90-day training program to achieve your best 5K, 10K, half marathon or marathon – whether it’s your first race or you’re pointing toward a PR.
- Private Chalk Hill AVA Wine and Dinner Extravaganza for 8 – Private wine dinner for 8 guests at the fabulous home of David Jeffrey, the owner/winemaker of Calluna Vineyards in the Chalk Hill AVA. Calluna’s handcrafted wines will be complemented by a dinner prepared by Chef Shane McAnelly of Brass Rabbit & Chalkboard.
- More Stars than Hollywood: A night of stargazing and dinner in Asti for 10 – Enjoy a Wine Country Star Party for 10 guests at the beautiful home of Cee Scott Brown & John Bjørnen on Friday, August 2nd, 2019. Delight in an exquisite and lovingly prepared dinner from local superstar Carrie Brown of Jimtown Store, followed by a real-time tour of the night sky brought to you by the professional astronomers of Wine Country Star Party.
- Gin Cocktail + Paella Party at Young & Yonder – Kick up your heels for a summer evening soiree with North County artisan distillers Young & Yonder, Sipsong and Alley 6, and tastemakers Yay!Paella and Moustache Baked Goods. Join the crew for specialty, handcrafted gin cocktails, paired with a paella dinner and everyone’s favorite dessert – cupcakes! This is an exclusive, at-event-only, buy-in option and guaranteed good time for all.
- Plus totally unique learning experiences such as “Dine & Gab with Rob,” a catered lunch and private chat with entrepreneur Rob Forbes, founder of Design Within Reach & PUBLIC Bikes; “Tools of the Trade – A Handywoman Class” taught by Preston Addison, President/Owner, Karma Dog Construction; and “Tour de Coup” hosted by Nicole Buttitta Reid, chicken whisperer and gardener extraordinaire, on her luminous homestead in West County.
This year’s event boasts the additional generous contributions of Wash & Brush Up, 235 Luxury Suites, Comstock Winery, 54Tours, Kelley Voss of Voss Signature Vintage, plus Bay Area media partners Virgie Tovar and Molly McAdam.
AVFilm Student film camp alum Fiona Affronti will also debut an original video at the event.
For more information on the auction and to purchase tickets, please visit https://www.auctria.com/auction/RedCarpetEvening2019.
All proceeds benefit Sonoma County students and support year-round educational and cultural enrichment programs.