AVFilm a regionally acclaimed, non-profit film exhibition and educational organization in Northern Sonoma County, CA, seeks a Box Office & Front House Manager for the 10th annual Film Festival, AVFest, spanning April 26-May 5. Reporting to the Director of Engagement, the Box Office & Front House Manager will be directly responsible for implementing the festival’s box office system and serving as the guest relations manager.
The Box Office & Front of House Manager is a contract role from March 1 to May 10, 2024.
- Execute and troubleshoot the ticketing system
- Work phones to return box office calls leading up to the festival
- Work pop-up Box Offices
- Run point on day of Festival Box Office needs/reports
- Work with the Director of Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator to map out volunteers for Box Office and Front of House
- Manage volunteers on Box Office and Front of House
- Manage volunteers throughout the festival
The successful candidates will be comfortable regularly speaking to volunteers, donors, and patrons. Be able to work independently, efficiently, and under deadline pressure. Maintain excellent oral and written communication skills. Be detail-oriented, organized, and motivated. Possess a valid California driver’s license, automobile insurance, and your own vehicle.
Familiarity with film and video formats is ideal. We will prioritize local applicants, as well as festival production and large-scale event experience. Interest in film, entrepreneurs for social change, and a wicked sense of humor are all a plus.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.