AVFilm, a regionally acclaimed, non-profit film exhibition and educational organization in Northern Sonoma County, CA, seeks a seasonal Summer Camp Counselor for the 2024 Summer Camps. Reporting to the Director of Engagement, the Summer Camp Counselor will supervise young campers and ensure they learn and have fun.
You will oversee campers’ activities and ensure their safety. Additional Camp Counselor duties include assisting the lead teachers, planning summer camp games, working with children and teenagers, and setting up equipment. Reliability and the ability to build good relationships with children are must-have traits for a Camp Counselor. Knowledge of indoor and outdoor activities, such as games and crafts, is required. If you are patient, energetic, and comfortable being strict when needed, we’d like to meet you.
- Assist and support the lead Teachers
- Plan activities for groups of campers
- Collaborate on creating weekly or daily schedules, taking into account children’s age groups and interests
- Lead recreational and educational activities
- Escort and oversee children
- Educate campers through games and exploration
- Make sure all safety rules are followed
- Proven experience as a Camp Counselor or similar role working with children
- Familiarity with camping and various outdoor activities
- Patient and reliable
- Organizational and communication skills
- A love for children
- Energetic and positive personality
- First aid- and CPR-certified preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
AVFilm is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type: Part-time – as-needed basis
4-8 hour shift
Monday to Friday